Saturday, January 17, 2009

Dialing Dylan

Okay, so this happened a couple weeks ago but I thought I would post it. I don't put much about Dylan on the blog cause he doesn't do as much stuff as the other kids. It wasn't funny when it happened but it's a great story to share. So here's the story:

I had just gotten off the phone with my friend when Zach came upstairs from playing soccer with a bloody toe. I put Dylan and the phone down on the ground while I tended to Zach's needs. While I am washing off Zach's toes and putting neosporin and a band-aid on I hear Dylan pushing buttons on the phone. I heard a dial tone so somehow he got it on speaker phone. Then I heard him push a few more buttons. I figured he wouldn't be able to dial anything and would hurry and get the phone away from him as soon as I was done with Zach.

Then I hear it start ringing about the time I am finishing putting the band-aid on so I run to get the phone. Before I could hang it up. Someone comes on the the line and says, "911, what's your emergency." I was horrified. I didn't know what to say. I quickly explained that my baby got a hold of the phone and somehow dialed 911. I apologized profusely and vowed to never let him get at hold of the phone again. They got my name, address and phone number. I thought that was the end of it.

About 20 minutes later there is a knock at the door. I opened the door and standing there were 2 police officer. They are required to come check if everything is okay. What an embarassing ordeal. Zach and Savannah learned that you never call 911 unless it is an emergency. I am still working on Dylan.

1 comment:

Mackay Family said...

That is hilarious! Mental note to not leave Tanner with the phone!