Friday, September 19, 2008

Jog-a-thon Fund Raiser

Today was the Jog-a-thon fund raiser for Granite Elementary. So, Savannah, Dylan and I went to cheer Zach on. Before school Zach was running around the house - He said, "I have to practice for the Jog-a-thon."

The PTA did a great job of putting it together. To start off they had a warm-up. Then to start the jog-a-thon they had a big START sign for the kids to run through. They didn't know quite what to do and kept running around the sign.

If you know Zach, he ALWAYS has to be FIRST. He started in the middle of the pack but by the first lap he was one of the first kids. Zach had a great time. When Zach is running he likes to pretend he is Lightning McQueen - so every time Zach would pass us he would leap into the air and wink at us. It took me second to figure out why he was doing that - in the movie CARS while Lightning McQueen is racing, he leaps in the air and winks at the audience.

Savannah and I tried to run a lap but Zach just took off. He ended up lapping us. He sure is a fast runner. I think he will be a track star in High School. I don't know where Zach and Savannah get all their energy - they must suck it out of me because I have NO energy at all. Zach and Savannah ran the entire time (20 mins). Zach was totally sweatty and his face was bright red when the race was finished.

Later today when we went to pick Zach up from school Savannah said, "Let's go run laps again!" Maybe we will have to do that each night to waste some of her energy and get her to go to bed at a decent hour.

7 comments:

Keith and Allie said...

How fun! I can't believe you have a kid old enough to go to PTA sponsored activities! He sounds like a champ! I'm glad he did so well!

Keith and Allie said...

How fun Sarah! I can't believe you have a child old enough to attend PTA sponsored activities! I guess I will too soon! He sounds like a great kid! I am glad he did so well!

Keith and Allie said...

How fun Sarah! I can't believe you have a child old enough to attend PTA sponsored activities! I guess I will soon too! He sounds like a great kid! I'm glad he did so well!

Keith and Allie said...

I think I just tried to leave a comment 20 times....I didn't understand you had to approve it first! Sorry I'm so dumb!

Rory and Jen said...

Hey you have the cutest blog. I think bloging is great becasue it is kind of like a journal but not as boring and the best part is that you can add pictures. have you check out my blog? I haven't up dated it for a while but I am planning on it probably today some time. I am still trying to figure out the whole cute back ground thing so hopefully I can make it as cute as yours.

The Despain Gang said...

How cute! Savannah is so funny and Zach is a little champ. Glad you had a good time.
-Melissa

Amber Maye said...

Hi Sarah! thats fun you're going to Disneyland too! it was soo much fun, your kid's will love it! ya, and don't bring your stroller, you can rent one from disneyland for $12 a day, and they worked great! when you haved to bring a carseat along with everything else, you don't want to bring a stroller too... well have soo much fun! i'm sad we're home already.. i'm excited to see some pictures.