Thursday, September 4, 2008

Happy Anniversary

August 31st was our 9th anniversary. I can't believe it's been that long! Here are some of the highlights of 9 years together.

  • Honeymoon trip to Cancun
  • Moving and buying our first house in Broken Arrow, OK (Tulsa)
  • Having our 1st Mortgage together
  • Winning a trip to Myrtle Beach and Darlington and getting to sit in the pits at a Nascar race. Matt you are so lucky! I must be your good luck charm
  • Going on a 2 week vacation to Rome and Greece. Rome was unbelievable - even though we got lost in Pompeii.
  • Moving back to Utah and having our first son - Zach
  • Building our 2nd home in Park City and living close to Sue and Jeff & Steve and Natalie.
  • The birth of our second child, Savannah
  • Selling our home in Park City and building a new home in Sandy
  • Many memorable vacations - Disney Cruise and Hawaii with the Schettler clan, Bear Lake, St. George, and Mom and Dad's 50th Anniversary Cruise
  • The birth of Dylan - which makes 3 beautiful and healthy children
  • His and hers silver Hondas

I am so grateful for a wonderful husband who loves me and his children - and works so hard to take great care of us. Mom and Dad you are such a wonderful example of a loving couple and I hope that we can have 50 wonderful year together just like you. Matt, I love you!!!

2 comments:

The Despain Gang said...

Happy 9th Anniversary! You two have had a very memorable 9 years. I'm glad you had a great day to celebrate!
-Melissa

marilee said...

Congrats! I can't believe we've been married for 9 years... The time has flown by so quickly. I still remember when Matt came down with us for Spring Break. Seems like yesterday! Happy many more anniversaries.