Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dylan's Surgery

Dylan went in for surgery on Monday to have a circumcision revision. The doctor who did Dylan's circumcision took too much skin off on one side which was cause it to twist. The procedure went well, although the Doctor said it was more difficult than he had anticipated. I am so thankful that all went so well.

Yesterday after the surgery he was very irritable and didn't sleep well that night. Dylan is doing great and feeling much better today. Although he had his six month check up and had 4 more shots. I am hoping that the medication they gave us for the surgery will help with the injections in his legs. He has had a rough couple days. What a mean Mom I am. It makes me want to cry when any of my kids have to get shots. I know it is for the best but I don't like them to be in pain.

Being at the Hospital and seeing some of the other patients I feel so blessed that I have 3 beautiful and healthy children. I know that those parents have had many trials and are so much stronger that I could ever be.

5 comments:

Brittney said...

Glad it went well! I remember Barbara telling me about that. I'll bet your glad the surgery is over with. Hope the healing goes well!

marilee said...

I hope Dylan recovers quickly! Nothing worst than a baby that's not sleeping...for us mommies.

Mackay Family said...

I didn't know that you were a blogger! Your trip to California looked like tons of fun. I feel bad for little Dylan!

If you want to check out our blog send me your email address and I will add you (we are private). My email address is sydneyamackay@hotmail.com. Our blog address is gandsmackay.blogspot.com

Keith and Allie said...

Oh Sarah! That is so scary! I hope he is doing okay! We wish you and your family well! And hope he is feeling better soon!

The Despain Gang said...

So glad it went well. Ignore my previous comment. I obviously didn't read low enough on the blog!? Sorry about that. Anyway, I'm just so glad it went well. We were thinking of you all that Monday. It sounds like he's had a rough go at it the past couple of days. Hope this week is going better for him. The pics seem to imply that he's doing better! :) Love the pictures.
-Melissa